VENDORS CONDITIONS OF SALE AS OF 27/08/15
Standard Sale Charges
1. An entry fee (lotting fee) will be levied on every lot entered for auction on each occasion it is offered for sale. The entry fee is payable irrespective of whether the lot is sold or not.
£5.00 per lot - Antique Sale
£3.00 per lot - Home & Modern Interiors Sale
2. A commission of 15% of the hammer price will be deducted from the proceeds of the sale.
3. An insurance premium of 2% will be charged on the total reserve/sale price.
4. VAT will be levied on all fees.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
5. Reserve prices may be placed on items estimated £30 and over.
6. In the event that a lot is withdrawn prior to sale, a charge of £10 will be levied.
7. The estimated selling price suggested by the auction room are for guidance only and should not be regarded as a true guide to the actual sale price realised.
8. Sellers are advised to contact the auction room on the day after the sale to obtain sale results and make arrangements for collection of unsold lots.
9. Any unsold lots not collected, will automatically be re-entered into a subsequent auction at a 50% reduction of the reserve price, then at no reserve in subsequent auctions.
10. Items are entered in on a consignment basis and once entered through 2 sales the items are to be collected within 14 days of notification. Any items left past this time are to be donated to charity or a £5 storage fee applied unless prior arrangement with Toogood & May Auctioneers has been made.
11. Should any item without reserve fail to attract a bid during auction, the auctioneers reserve the right to dispose of the item.
12. The vendor warrants to Toogood & May that he/she is the true owner of the property or has written authority from the true owner to sell the property.
13. Collection of lots by Toogood & May will incur a minimum charge of £25.
14. Where lots are entered without reserve, the lot may be sold to the highest bidder, whatever the price is. Lots sold with discretionary reserves may be sold 15% below the bottom estimate.
15. Insurance - Items are covered up to a maximum value of £500; items over £500 must be kept on the vendors own insurance until the item is sold.